Why study in Portugal ?
Why study in Portugal as an International Student
The beautiful scenery, exciting mixture of old buildings and new life, and the affordable lifestyle that accompanies studying in Portugal are just a short list of the advantages for international students in Portugal. With a small number of universities from which to choose, and owning the third most widely spoken language in Europe outside of English and Spanish, this country is a huge draw for international students. The excellent education and beautiful Mediterranean climate make Portugal a top choice for international students around the world.
- Tuition - International students choosing to study in Portugal will be impressed by the low cost of tuition and the equally affordable cost of living. On average, tuition is $1,500 USD per undergraduate year. This is also dependent on the degree level at which a student attends. The cost of living is a surprising 600-800∈ each month.
- ECTS - With the exciting Bologna Accords and the continued union between most European nations, transferring between two, three or even four universities is quite possible throughout Europe. International students who wish to gain life and experience in several places instead of just one have this opportunity when they study in Portugal.
- Affiliations- Why study in Portugal? It isn’t just Portugal! Africa is a great tie to Portugal and it will enrich students’ lives as they study in this unique country. Brazil is another strong tie that provides great education and association with Portugal.
- Courses - There are a large amount of courses and entire degree programs available in English, and this is a great reason to choose Portugal for studies. If you are interested in learning Portuguese, however, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to learn a new language as well.
- Quality -The educational quality of studying in Portugal dates back to 1290AD, when the ninth oldest university in the world was established and the standard of education was cultivated.